Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fishing for compliments

Great sailing today - we took out both the dinghies and chased white horses across Isshiki bay, past Bird Island and down towards Akiya, where the sudden realisation that we were sailing over rocks forced a quick change of direction, back towards Morito and the tori on Najima. Nearly had a flying fish in the boat.

Thence to my favourite restaurant for a splendid suzuki teishoku. On leaving I am told by the waitress/cook that my ability to eat fish with chopsticks is sugoi jouzu, better than many Japanese. Rick suggests spinning for mackerel, from the dinghy, which I will do on Sunday.
.
.
The photo is the Last Sunset of 2006, Najima Tori, with the Izu Peninsula beyond, taken from Endeavour, my first New Year in Japan - may there be many more.
.
.
.
.