Thursday, April 17, 2008

Steady as she goes

Maybe there is fate, destiny. As soon as I learn to let go of the past I start to embrace the future.

Where I was once all at sea, I am now starting to feel like I have my hand on the helm, there's a fair wind blowing and I just worked out how this thing works.

The hair's gone - bit of a shitsurenshimashita crew cut - a clean cut and a fresh start - and so has the jacket. For years I have put up with cheap imitations that don't bear close inspection, but yesterday as soon as we landed I got myself the real thing - a matching pair of Helly Hansen combinations to see me safely through any gales that may come my way, that I intend to look after and keep going as long as I possibly can.




My life has been like a barely controlled pendulum - but let's see whether it'll settle down into something like the steady rhythm of a grandfather clock quietly ticking in the hall.